- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 tsp baking powder (equal to 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together sugar and butter until smooth. Add eggs one by one until mixed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt, and baking powder. Combine wet ingredients, dry ingredients, and milk.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop dough about 1 ½ – 2” apart on a greased cookie sheet, pressing lightly on the top so they rest flat.
- If you would like to use a cookie cutter, refrigerate dough for 2 hours and then roll out onto a floured surface until it’s 1/4″ thick. Punch out your desired shapes and follow baking instructions below.
- Bake for 12 minutes (10 if using a small cookie scoop) and remove from pan immediately onto a cooling rack. It’s extremely difficult to tell when sugar cookies are finished baking, therefore, I stick with cooking time pretty strictly.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add the remaining ingredients and whip until smooth. Tint frosting with food coloring if you’d like.
- Once cookies are cooled completely, frost generously and enjoy!