- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2-3 cups tater tots (depending on your skillet size)
- 6-8 eggs (depending on your skillet size)
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- Sour cream *optional*
- Salsa *optional*
- Place your cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat to broil
- In a large pan, saute sausage, onion, and green pepper until sausage is cooked through and the onion is translucent.
- Place 2-3 cups of tater tots in a glass bowl and microwave for 5 minutes, or until defrosted. Pull your skillet out of the oven and pour the tater tots inside. Use a flat bottomed cup to smash the tater tots into the pan until they cover the bottom without any cracks.
- Layer the tater tots with your sausage, onion, and green pepper. Crack 6-8 eggs evenly over the sausage mixture and sprinkle with light salt and pepper. Lastly, layer with cheese and bake until cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked to your liking (over easy or over hard).
- Top with sour cream and salsa – enjoy!