- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted *see instructions before melting*
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, begin melting butter on medium heat. Once melted completely, begin stirring constantly until butter begins to brown and smells nutty. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat together sugars and butter until combined. Add eggs and vanilla while the mixer is on low until dough is smooth.
- Scrape the sides & bottom of the bowl and add half of the flour mixture and begin mixing. Once mixed, scrape the sides once again and add the rest of the flour until combined.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips until mixed thoroughly. Using a big scoop (about a ¼ cup), place cookie dough balls evenly apart on a pan with parchment paper. Using your fingers, press the dough balls lightly until the top is flattened.
- Bake on the middle shelf for about 12 minutes or until the edges are browning. Remove from pan immediately onto a rack.
- Serve with a cold cup of milk!