- 10 slices of bacon
- 1 ½ lbs fresh green beans
- 1 C water
- ¼ C butter
- ⅔ C brown sugar
- ¼ C chicken broth
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t of red pepper flakes
- Cook bacon for 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until fully cooked (not crispy). Once done, chop into bits.
- While bacon is cooking, rinse and chop the ends off the green beans. Pour 1 C of water into your instant pot and add the beans. Set to steam for 25 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar, chicken broth, and garlic powder. Heat until sugar is melted.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 350 degrees. Drain the green beans, add them to a bowl, and drizzle with the saucepan mixture and bacon. Stir until the green beans are evenly coated.
- Pour green beans into a 9×13” pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with steak and mashed potatoes!
*this recipe is completely doable by just steaming using a basket and a pot*