- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ lb stew meat, cubed
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2 potatoes, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 package dry onion soup
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- Using a gallon bag, add ½ C flour, salt, + pepper and shake to mix. Add cubed steak, shaking until all of it is evenly coated.
- Using a large skillet, melt ¼ C butter and fry steak on each side until browned (steak does not have to be all the way cooked through). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute onion, celery, and carrots in ⅓ C butter. Stir to combine and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onions begin to turn translucent. Add ⅓ C flour and stir quickly. Allow to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cream + milk to the skillet and stir to combine. Continue to cook until sauce thickens.
- Add skillet mixture to a large crockpot. Add potatoes, tomato sauce, dry soup mix, and broth the crockpot. Stir until combined.
- Set crockpot to low and cook stew for 8 hours.
- Serve with a thick slice of white bread and enjoy!