When I discovered these recipes I almost cried tears of happiness! I will shamelessly admit, one of the things I miss most about the South is Chick-Fil-A! Chicken credit goes to Mindi, author of the blog Moms Need to know (www.momsneedtoknow.com) and sauce credit goes to Serene, author of the blog House of Yumm (www.houseofyumm.com)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 8 oz each – or 4 4 oz chicken breasts)
- ½ cup pickle juice (just use the juice from any pickle jar)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp basil
- 1 cup peanut oil for frying
- 4 Hamburger Buns (buttered and toasted)
- Pickle Slices
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of wax paper or in a freezer bag and pound gently with the flat side of a mallet until about ½″ thick.
- Cut each breast into 2 equal pieces.
- Marinate chicken in the pickle juice for about an hour.
- Beat together egg and milk in a bowl.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and spices in another bowl.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to about 350.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg, covering both sides
- Transfer to the flour mixture and turn to completely coat.
- Fry each chicken piece for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked throughout.
- Place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve on toasted buns with pickle slices
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- Whisk all of the ingredients together and store in the fridge.
- Serve with waffle fries!