This recipe is always a huge hit at my parties and can feed lots of people for cheap!
- Bag of corn tortillas
- 2 C shredded chicken (I use rotisserie chicken from Costco)
- 8oz cream cheese
- 2 C cooked long grain rice
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 3 (10 oz) cans red enchilada sauce
- 2 C shredded mexican cheese (I actually use sharp cheddar & pepperjack)
- 1 t pepper
- 1 t salt
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 1 t cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together chicken and cream cheese.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, rice, beans, 2 cans enchilada sauce, cheese, pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, and cumin. Mix together and set aside.
- Spray a large, deep-dish, pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pour the remaining can of enchilada sauce into a small pan. One by one, dip the corn tortillas into the sauce and layer the bottom of the deep dish pan.
- Once the bottom is covered, scoop about 1 C of mixture onto the tortillas, spread evenly, being careful not to shift the tortillas too much. Once again, dip tortillas into enchilada sauce and add another layer. Continue this step until all the mixture is used up.
- Cover the top with one last layer of smothered tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. Cover pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover the pan and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!