- 3 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cup warmed milk
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup shredded, sharp, cheddar, cheese
- ¼ cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup softened butter
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients, excluding the cheese and jalapenos. If you have a kitchen aid, use your paddle attachment with the rubber scraper, and combine the wet and dry ingredients. If you do not have a Kitchenaid, simply whisk together both sets of ingredients.
- Fold in cheddar cheese and chopped jalapenos. Pour batter into a greased pan, or a seasoned cast iron skillet. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees while the batter sits. After 20 minutes, cook cornbread for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- While cornbread is baking, whip together honey and butter using electric mixer.
- Serve warm slices of cornbread topped with honey butter and pulled pork!