As I venture into this journey of discovering a love for my kitchen, I have a major confession: I DESPISE spaghetti. I’m not sure if this has to do with my aversion to tomatoes or the fact that spaghetti was over-served in my vegan household as a child. But one thing is for sure, my husband and future children will be quite deprived of this meal because I’ve never once, nor will I ever make it (willingly that is). Despite this fact, I want to share with all of you an amazing spaghetti sauce recipe…or so everyone says.
- 2 yellow onions
- 10-14 cloves crushed garlic (yup you read that right)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3, 28oz cans crushed tomatoes (according to my dad, this is the key ingredient)
- 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp anise seed
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and mushrooms in 3/4 C olive oil until onion is translucent
- Add the rest of the ingredients and slowly bring to simmer and let cook for 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Serve over your choice of noodles!