- 1lb large elbow noodle pasta (can’t emphasize enough the word large! It makes this dish so much more magical!)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups pepper jack cheese
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of seasoned salt (I like to use Lawry’s)
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- ½ panko
- Cook pasta as package directs. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour and whisk until a creamy paste. Add in salt and pepper. Slowly add the 4 c. milk, whisking until smooth and heating to a low boil until thickened.
- Remove sauce from heat and add the 6 cups of cheese – stir until melted. Add the hot pasta and stir until all the noodles are evenly coated.
- Grease a 9×13″ baking dish and add the hot mac n’ cheese to the dish
- Melt 2 T. butter over medium heat. Add in panko bread crumbs, stirring 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle over the mac and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven 7-10 minutes.