- 16 chicken legs
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tso chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 ½ c ketchup
- ½ cup yellow mustard
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Mix together all the chicken rub ingredients and set aside. Peel off the skin on the legs and cut 3 slits in the meaty side of the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken rub onto the chicken and coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for one hour and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- After the chicken has marinated, heat a skillet to medium. Coat the pan with butter and cook each side of chicken for 1 minute or until you get a nice scald/crisp.
- Place chicken legs into a deep dish pan and bake for about 35 minutes or until the meat is cook through.
- While the chicken is cooking, add all the sauce ingredients to a small pan and simmer until the chicken is done.
- Transfer the chicken to another pan and coat with desired amount of sauce. Put back in the oven and broil for 2 minutes on each side (you can also drain the fat drippings if you would prefer to use the same pan).
- Enjoy with a side of mashed potatoes and sautéed veggies!